Community Involvement in Cary, Apex, and Holly Springs, NC
At Insurance Professionals, Inc we feel an obligation to give back to the communities that have been so good to us. We do this by volunteering our time, serving as members and directors of various charity and civic groups, and by donating to charities, both locally and nationally. Whether through a leadership role, volunteer position, or simply a donation, we make it a point to give back to the community that we have been a part of for over 25 years. It is very gratifying to be able to do this, and our way of saying thank you to the community.
Here is a partial list of organizations we support:
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle is an innovative hunger-relief organization serving seven counties in and around the Triangle. They believe hunger IS fixable if the community works together to do two things: create sources of healthy food in every low-income neighborhood and grow opportunities for people to provide for themselves by learning job skills or growing their own food.
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle is helping solve the hunger problem in multiple ways:
- Food Recovery & Distribution – rescue food that otherwise would go to waste from donors such a grocery stores, the State Farmers Market and produce from local farmers.
- Nutrition Education – provide cooking classes, grocery store tours and food demonstrations to empower families & individuals with the knowledge and skills to purchase, prepare and eat nutritious food on a limited budget.
- Culinary Education and Commercial Kitchen – train unemployed or underemployed with culinary skills to obtain meaningful jobs in commercial kitchens.
- Farms, Gardens and Urban Agriculture – provide opportunities for people of all ages to learn about the food system and how to grow their own food.
Carolina Hurricanes – Community Relations Department strives to connect the Carolina Hurricanes to the surrounding community, especially through the Kids ‘N Community Foundation. Through this foundation the Carolina Hurricanes raise money to support educational and children’s programs. Each year the team gives back at least $1 million in cash and in-kind contributions to charitable and educational programs throughout the state.
Additional community efforts by the Carolina Hurricanes include:
- Pick Up a Book and Read – an incentive program for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade classrooms which aims to motivate and encourage students to achieve their reading goals.
- Community Suites -All-inclusive suites created by Eric Staal and his wife Tanya, as well as Cam Ward and his wife Cody, to invite non-profit children’s organizations and sports organizations for children with special needs to enjoy a night out. Often these children are battling something in their life that most of us take for granted.
Insurance Professionals, Inc. is proud to serve the community we live, work and play in, and we feel responsible to give back where we can.