Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Protect Your Home and Everything In It.
A homeowners insurance policy helps protect one of your most significant investments. It can offer coverage for your home, possessions and personal liability, and the right policy can help reduce out-of-pocket costs following covered events.
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
A home insurance policy commonly includes the following five types of coverage:
1. Dwelling coverage (may include additional attached structures)
2. Other structures coverage (i.e., a detached garage or shed)
3. Personal property coverage
4. Liability coverage
5. Loss of use coverage
How Does Home Insurance Work?
When you have homeowners insurance, you generally pay a monthly, quarterly or annual premium in exchange for the coverage listed in your policy. You can file a claim with your insurance provider if a covered incident occurs, such as a burst pipe or a fire. After working through the claims process, your insurer will determine if they will pay for the loss per the terms of your policy. Some coverages may have an applicable deductible, an out-of-pocket cost the homeowner is responsible for paying before coverage kicks in.
How Do Home Insurance Claims Work?
Insurance carriers can handle claims in various ways, but the following are the basic steps one may take:
1. Report your claim. It’s essential to contact your insurance provider as soon as possible to report your claim.
2. Work with your insurer to go over the damages. Your insurance provider will typically discuss the incident and possibly make arrangements to inspect the damage in person.
3. Document your losses in detail. Make a list of everything damaged in your home and take pictures and videos if possible.
4. Keep your receipts. If you need immediate repairs to protect your property from further damage or to relocate temporarily, save those receipts. You may need them as part of the claims process.
5. Receive a payment. If the claims professional determines that your policy covers the damage, you may receive compensation based on an estimate of the damage and per your policy’s terms.
Remember that the procedure for claims may differ due to the type of claim and the many variables involved. Reach out to our agents for more information.
How Much Home Insurance Do I Need for a Mortgage?
The amount of home insurance a mortgage lender requires varies based on several factors, including the following:
- The amount of your down payment
- The location of your home
Some lenders may require you to carry only enough insurance to cover your loan amount. However, you should consider insuring your home for its full replacement cost to help ensure replacement if a covered event destroys it.
Home Insurance Quote in Cary, NC
If you need a home insurance quote, contact Inspro Professionals of NC Inc. We can offer our customers advice on various insurance products to help meet your needs and requirements.